Monday, May 14, 2012

HB trading contest - week one (t=0)


As I already wrote here in my blog, the Handelsblatt stock trading contest starts today.
So I thought I will disclose my positions here and bring out an update each week, which will be more or less detailed depending on the analyzing tool that comes with the program.
This is my current portfolio, week one, Monday, t=0:


Long:    -JPM (bombed out after announcement of 2 Mio losses due to failed hedging)
-Südzucker (low beta stock, sugar, fruits and convenience food. Solid investment, however                 no big growth expected here)
-LYXOR ETF MSCI GREECE
-K+S AG 
-Rio Tinto PLC

All positions except Südzucker are very volatile stocks, Rio Tinto and less K+S are very cyclical enterprises, the Greece index is a speculation on improving political situations down there. The portfolio is very aggressive, something I definitely would not do with real money, but since the time horizon is only 3 months and there is a lot of competition I think its better to go high risk and take the potential losses than making a safe 2 percent, which won’t even win you a flower pot.
Sadly the online platform does not include a lot of functions, the searching function basically just a mask where you enter the security code number, not even a simple search by name is possible. User friendly is different
Also I tried to buy several stocks which however were not available. One of the transactions I wanted to try was a 1 BMW3 (preferred) long, 1 BMW short. However BMW 3 is not available. Several other stocks I tried as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment